Escape Extinction: Sharks is located in the lobby of Entergy Giant Screen Theater at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas.
We are within walking distance or a short cab ride away from most major hotels. You do not need to purchase a ticket to the Aquarium to visit the experience. Tickets can be purchased by visiting any Audubon Nature Institute ticketing counter or online in advance. Visit our tickets page for more information.
Directions from the West
From Interstate 10 East, exit at Poydras Street (#234B). Continue on Poydras approximately 1 mile. Turn left on S. Peters Street. Turn right on Canal Street. The Aquarium and Theater are located at the foot of Canal Street at the Mississippi River.
Directions from the East
From Interstate 10 West, exit at Canal/Superdome (#235B) turning right onto Canal. The Aquarium and Theater are located at the foot of Canal Street at the Mississippi River.
- Parking discounts are subject to change without notice and are often not applicable during major holidays, Carnival season, festivals and major sporting events.
- Self-parking is $5 off at the Badine Parking Lot and Canal Place Parking Garage.
- At the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Automated Whale Lot, Cash payments are not accepted—Credit/Debit Cards Only—self-parking is a flat rate of $9 up to 6 hours. If 6 hours is exceeded the rate would be $21 and greater. This special does not apply to any other Hilton lots.
- Parking tickets must be validated at the Aquarium, Theater or Butterfly Garden and Insectarium to receive the parking discount.
Participating parking lots
Not all Premium Parking locations are included in the discounted parking program.
- Canal Place Parking Garage: 100 Rue Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- Badine Parking Lot: 111 Rue Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- Hilton Whale Wall Lot: 728 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70130
Metered parking is available. Please read the posted signs carefully as parking rules vary throughout the city.
Walking and using public transportation have an incredible impact on the environment. Simple changes to our daily routines can change the future of the planet. Consider public transportation for your next trip to the Aquarium and Escape Extinction: Sharks.
Welcome aboard the S.S. Audubon. Can you save sharks from extinction?